When I used to think of a wedding, my mind immediately went big – big love, tons of food, grand venues, opulent flowers, and hundreds of guests dancing the night away. And while I still LIVE for a big, luxurious wedding, my mind has recently been dialing the guest list back a bit. We saw smaller weddings become popular during the pandemic out of necessity, but some couples are still opting for a smaller, more intimate nuptial settings. There’s something so special about them.
I’ve come to love the close-knit, personal ambience of a “small” wedding. Typically, small weddings are those that have less than 60 guests. In no way does a smaller guest list mean skimping out on wedding details. It’s actually quite the opposite.
Read on for my top reasons why I love intimate weddings:
- All the money you save on food and beverages can be put towards your wedding details. Are you dreaming of a reception dripping in flowers? Want to splurge on the linens, or that dress you’ve been eyeing for a year? Now you can. Those details that you thought were out of reach no longer are. Some couples also put that money towards unique entertainment ideas (think: fireworks, performers, after wedding parties, etc.).
- Less guests means your true inner circle is there. Everyone in attendance has a special place in your heart. There’s something really comforting about looking around and seeing your closest tribe members witnessing the most important day of your life.
- You’ll have more time to hang out with everyone. If you have a large guest list, it can sometimes feel like you only have a few minutes with each guest. With a smaller guest list, you can spend quality time hanging out and celebrating with your family and friends.
- More venues are available. Your choice of venues will go up as your guest list goes down. A lot of places have a max capacity, but if you have a smaller number, you won’t have to worry about that!
- Not an early bird? Smaller weddings typically mean you can start getting ready later in the day. (Assuming that if you have a smaller wedding, your wedding party will reflect that, too.) Get that guilt-free beauty rest, girl!
If you’re thinking of having an intimate wedding, which of these reasons tops your list? Whatever you decide to do on your big day, we’re here to help you from start to finish. We can’t wait to help you plan your dream wedding!
Chat with you soon!
Kaitlyn & the KBE Team